Edpuzzle Activity



My reflection after using Edpuzzle:

Although I had not used this program before, I consider that Edpuzzle surprises anyone having a quick look at it. If I chose this video instead of others is due to the fact that the unit we are working at in class right now is related to sports, and the topic of doping in famous footballers, basketball players or cyclists describes some of the situations we can hear about at the moment in any news. Apart from that, this video in particular is easy to understand according to the language level of my students and their interests.
All in all, the main learning objectives for the session include a better understanding of specific vocabulary of the topic itself, the use of different verbal tenses, answering to some of the questions proposed and finally a personal opinion based on the content of the activity. Due to the fact that the video didn't last longer than 3 minutes, I decided not to develop a "flipped classroom" in this case; I did not find it quite useful in order to achieve my learning objectives but I bet it should be an option to bear in mind if the listening was of certain length or if we do not want to waste valuable class time as you can assess the activities as well.
I consider that a good introduction and attractive presentation makes the listening easier to understand, so in first place we were debating about sports and doping and what could be done to avoid it. Then, we watch the sketch and re-watch it to answer the tasks included, except one which is a post-listening task (they have to look for some more information about a sportsman) to be made as homework.
The high points of the experience are, without a doubt, the dynamism and the wide range of possibilities this tool offers. I really enjoyed preparing this activity and for sure, it won't be the last time. I am quite interested in using it as homework, adding my voice as well (I saw it had the option) and many type of quizzes. Next time, I will choose a grammar video and see how it works as revision before exams, doing interactive questions.
Thanks for the discovery ;) 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Genially Activity

Reading as a way of life